If you have any questions about getting registered or about the auction feel free to give us a call,
we are here 509.282.8466.
Invoices will be emailed out at the end of the auction.
Please keep in mind this is a soft close auction, if you see the time extending out its because someone is bidding on the current lot which extends all the lots out. Happy Bidding!
Please do your own due diligence. These vehicles are sold as is. If you are local we highly recommend coming to do an in person inspection. We do not note anything regarding the cosmetics of the vehicles, leaks the vehicle may or may not have, or the functionality of the features and accessories. We take photos to best represent these vehicles, if you have additional questions you are always encouraged to reach out to our office.
We are taking vehicles for our upcoming Auction on October 5th. We will accept consignments until September 28th at noon.
1965 Pontiac Lemans (GTO badges) - A little history on the car. It was raced briefly in the NMCA Nostalgic Super Stock class. The car has been 11.30's in the quarter mile. . It still has all the legal NHRA equipment to run in that class or other classes all the way down to 10.00 in the 1/4 mile (other than fuel cell which was changed back to a brand new stock fuel tank). The engine currently in the car is not the one it was raced with. It is a fresh 1971 455 - makes around 450 HP at the crank! The engine specs are listed below.
This GTO has been a hot rod for a long time. The floors, frame and trunk are solid and original except for where they have been modified for the roll bar. The body is decent with some defects like chips, scratches and a few imperfections on the passenger side lower door, quarter, and driver front fender. The clear coat has peeled off of the top of the car. Leave as is for the cool nostalgic patina look or re-paint. The stock GM front and rear bumper have been re-chromed. The hood is a Le Mans flat hood that has been modified with a scoop for the dual carbs. All of the hood bracing and stock hinges have been removed for weight savings. It still lifts up, but requires a prop rod that is kept under the hood.
The interior is good with nice carpet, door panels and headliner. The factory front buckets seats are decent with some flaws and one split seam on the driver’s seat. The dash is nice, but has been modified with no heater controls, and radio delete plate. The back seat area has been carpeted because of the roll bar installation. All the street equipment needed such as lights, turn signals, hazards, wipers, speedometer, even the dome light etc. work!
Details on the drive train….
1971 Pontiac 455. Fresh (rings, gaskets, and bearings, etc.)
1962 421 cylinder heads. (not super duty)
Comp Cams solid lifter cam with 525 lift and 248 deg. @ .50
Harland sharp roller rockers
Offenhauser Dual Quad (bathtub style) Intake Manifold with 2 -575 Carter AFB carbs
Hooker super comp headers
East Coast Electric HD starter
MSD HEI Ignition with 6-AL box
Modified Turbo 400 3spd (still shifts automatically with full downshift)
Custom built 10" torque convertor with 2800 stall
B&M trans cooler
Hurst ProMatic ratchet shifter
Drive shaft loop
12 bolt Chevy
DTS Super locker with 4.11 Richmond gears
30 Spline Moser axles
Suspension and brakes-
Adjustable tubular upper control arms
Solid lower arms
Pass side airbag in spring ( adjustable)
Rebuilt stock GM drum brakes
All new ball joints, bushings, tie rods, links, etc.
GM disk brakes
Wheels and tires-
US mag torque thrust style wheels 15x7 front and 15x8 rear
Uniroyal Tiger Paw 205/75-15 font tires (95%)
Goodyear 275/60-15 Drag radials on rear (20%)
An extra set of American racing steel wheels with 29'' x9'' Hoosier radial slicks
8 point roll bar
RJS camlock seatbelts (both seats)
Autometer tach with shift light and RPM recall
Summit water, oil, fuel, and volt gauges.
big electric fan
Holley electric fuel pump with dual regulators and braided fuel lines.
Brand New rear mounted battery with remote shutoff (NHRA mandatory)
Hooker super comp headers with a new 2-1/2 full exhaust system with 40 series mufflers.
Amenities: Leather, Custom Wheels
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Drive Type RWD
Odometer Reading: Miles Unverified
All persons participating in a TAWA auction agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which shall form a binding contract between the participants and TAWA:
FEES: 10% Buyers Premium is applied to all items purchased. If you are a Washington State resident we will collect all license and registration fees along with a $100 negotiable documentation service fee. Out of state customers will have a $60 temp and transfer fee added to your vehicle purchase along with a $100 negotiable documentation service fee. There is a 3% surcharge on all Debit and Credit card transactions.
PAYMENT AND PICKING UP VEHICLES: TAWA accepts the following forms of payment Cash, Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, or credit cards for In state buyers. Out of state buyers must pay by Cash, Cashier's Check or Wire Transfer.
Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the buyer at time of payment and the buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage to property at that time.
All purchases must be paid for in full by 4pm one day after the auction. All items must be removed three days following the auction unless prior arrangements are made. If you are an out of town buyer, please contact our office to make arrangements at 509.282.8466. Vehicles left beyond this date will in cure a $20 per day storage fee.
All out of state checks must be accompanied by an irrevocable Bank Letter of Guarantee, unless know by the auctioneers.
DEPOSIT: Auctioneer reserves the right to charge the customer’s credit card on file a deposit of up to 25% of the invoice total. This deposit can either a) be applied to the invoice there by reducing the amounts due or b)refunded when alternate secure payments are received by Auctioneer. If an invoice is not settled according to the payment terms of the auction, this deposit will be forfeited to Auctioneer as liquidated damages for non-payment.
TAWA reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full by the conclusion of the stated pickup period. In any such event, the Buyer will still be responsible for payment for the original purchase and the costs of collection of this payment and/or damages resulting from the resale of the property.
SALES TAX: ALL APPROPRIATE STATE SALES TAX LAWS WILL APPLY PER THE LOCATION AND SELLER OF THE ITEM.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All Bidders agree to the following:
1. Every vehicle is being sold “as is,” including any and all defects, and without any warranties, express or implied.
2. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY MBTA AND WAIVED BY ME. THIS WAIVER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES WAS SPECIFICALLY BARGAINED FOR, AND THAT ABSENT MY AGREEMENT TO IT, I WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS AUCTION.
3. I am assuming the entire risk that a vehicle I purchase will have defects, whether present now or arising in the future, whether visible or hidden, including, but not limited to, defects in the paint, windows, tires, frame, doors, brakes, steering, engine block, drive train, sensors, display, interior, transmission, fuel systems, suspension, tubes, electronic components, and each and every other part. I understand that defects in a vehicle I purchase may render it inoperable or unsafe to drive. Despite knowing these risks, I agree that TAWA, its owners, employees and agents shall not be liable for any defects in any automobile I purchase, for any reason, whatsoever. I agree to hold TAWA harmless from and against any and all claims, liability and damages with respect to any defect in any automobile I purchase.
4. TAWA and its owners, employees and agents act merely as agents for Sellers. Statements regarding the description and condition of automobiles made by the owners, employees and agents of TAWA, including those made on its website, advertising, auction materials, and at the auction itself, are based on a rudimentary vehicle inspection and a short drive of up to 1.5 miles. I understand that statements by TAWA are not intended to be relied upon by me, may contain errors, and I agree that I am not purchasing in reliance on those statements. I understand that all statements by TAWA regarding the description and condition of any vehicle are expressly disclaimed and do not constitute any promise, covenant, agreement or warranty.
5. Every vehicle is available for inspection prior to the auction, and that it is my sole responsibility to determine the condition of a vehicle prior to purchase.
6. By making a bid, I am making an offer to purchase the vehicle at the bid price, which if accepted, forms a binding contract to purchase the vehicle between TAWA and myself. I understand that any such contract includes the terms in this Acknowledgement.
7. Purchases may not be removed from the premises until payment in full is received. I understand that if payment is made by means other than cash or certified funds, the purchased property will not be released from the premises until the funds are clear and received.
8. I may not rescind or challenge a purchase for any reason, including later dissatisfaction or discovery of defects.
9. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older and must possess a valid driver’s license.
RESERVES: All auctions are with reserve unless specifically stated otherwise. Reserves, if any, are not disclosed unless advertised as "ABSOLUTE." Auctioneers at their discretion may place a reserve bid on behalf of the seller, lienholder or pre-approved absentee bidder.
DEBT COLLECTION AND INTEREST CHARGES: The buyer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and other costs incurred by TAWA in its efforts to collect unpaid funds from the buyer. The buyer agrees that a fee of 2% of the outstanding balance per month be added to any unpaid balance due TAWA.
LAWSUITS: Any litigation with arising out of an auction shall occur in the County in which the vehicle was located at the time the auction took place.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: If, for any reason, after a reasonable time has passed TAWA is unable to make available or deliver any purchased vehicle, or portion thereof, or any documentation required to transfer a purchased vehicle to a successful bidder, then the sole liability of TAWA, if any, shall be limited to returning to the successful bidder the moneys the successful bidder paid MTBA, if any, for said purchase. In the event of such refund then the successful bidder shall return and surrender the vehicle to TAWA and sign any and all documentation necessary to transfer title to TAWA or a different person/entity in TAWA’s discretion.
REGISTRATION: All registration information the bidder provides to TAWA shall be current, complete, and accurate. All bidders are responsible for any bids placed under their bidding numbers and passwords. The security of bidder information is the responsibility of the bidder. Bidders must notify TAWA if they believe that their bidder number and password have been compromised.
INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE: TAWA shall not be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error-free service or use of its website. Technology can and does fail. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted both in person and electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. TAWA, in its sole discretion, may void any sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any items or lots that were, in TAWA sole discretion, affected by any malfunction. The decision of TAWA on malfunctions shall be final.